Even though there have been advancements in dental care, many people still suffer from tooth loss. The most common dental problems are;
- Periodontal disease
- Tooth decay
- Injury, and many more needing dental implants.
Unlike the yesteryears where bridges and dentures were the preferred treatment options, today you can gladly have dental implants. For instance, dentists in Escondido, California use the implants to replace tooth roots. They provide a stronger foundation where the fixed or removable teeth are made to match the natural teeth, transforming your dull face with a smiley one.
Reasons to Go for Dental Implants
While there are varied options in tooth replacement, dental implants have more benefits. Here are the reasons to go for a dental implant:
- Implants improve appearance: One of the top reasons to go for implants is their ability to look and feel like natural teeth. When the implants are done, they resemble your teeth and are made to fuse with your bone making them permanent.
- They help in improving speech: Putting on the dentures has a lot of risks like the teeth slipping making you mumble words. However, implants give you the confidence to speak without any worry of the teeth slipping.
- Implants improve comfort: Having a tooth problem makes you uncomfortable, with implants the discomfort is kicked off because they are part of you.
- They are easier to eat with: Naturally chewing requires strong teeth which dentures don’t provide. Having implants is more like natural teeth allowing you to enjoy your favorite meals without pain.
- Implants improve self-esteem: Dental implants help you regain the lost self and ensure you have your smile back.
- Improves oral health: Implants boost your oral health and wellness because it doesn’t alter your teeth alignment. Once it’s placed, it stays intact allowing easy access between your teeth improving your oral hygiene.
- They are durable: Implants are long-lasting and can go for some time given you provide good care. If given top-notch care, implants can last you a lifetime.
- Implants are convenient: Another beneficial reason to have implants is their convenience. You don’t have to be embarrassed to remove them because they are permanent. Unlike dentures having adhesives to keep them in place, implants are stress-free once they are placed.
Dental Implant Procedure
Like other dental processes, implants have to follow a specific process in the entire procedure. First, you have to consult your dentist to know the type of implant suiting your need like endosteal or subperiosteal implants.
From there you’ll need to access the tooth. If it is cracked or damaged beyond repair, the tooth will be removed, requiring some time to heal. From there, the dentist will evaluate if you need bone grafting or not. If your jaw bone needs grafting, the procedure will be done.
After ascertaining everything is okay, the dentist will do the dental implant replacement. Then later on place the healing cap after some clinic visits. After healing, your dentist will give you permanent crown placement to make you look better and natural.
Dental implants have a way of making you regain your lost glory. Even though dentist’s treatments vary in style, Marler Campbell Dental will make the process easy and successful for you.
You’re a few clicks away if you’re a resident of Escondido, California. Call them today and we will gladly walk you through the implants journey!