When you are dealing with any dental problem, your dentist needs to know right away. But when you are dealing with a problem outside of opening hours you need to know if an emergency dentist is the right option for you. Sometimes we can feel so much pain but it might not be a dental emergency.
What Is an Emergency Dentist?
An emergency dentist is someone who provides dental care outside of normal working hours. We can experience dental emergencies at any time, day, or night. Whether you’ve been hit in the mouth, fell on a tooth, or even chewed on a particularly sticky piece of candy, an emergency dentist is there for you when you need them.
An emergency dentist is there to help you when you are in a situation where one or more of your teeth are loose or have been dislodged. In addition to this, an emergency dentist can help if you are experiencing severe pain.
There are a wide variety of scenarios that can mean you require an emergency dentist. Whether you are experiencing pain or you have lost teeth or sustained damage, an emergency dentist might be able to help by minimizing the pain or saving the tooth.
When Would You Need an Emergency Dentist?
Not every dental situation might be considered an emergency. If you think you need to see an emergency dentist, you should look for some of these key signs:
- Severe pain. If you are having severe pain, either in the tooth or the gum, and there are signs of bleeding, this is considered an emergency.
- A lost tooth. If you have lost a tooth, it is important to contact an emergency dentist right away. An emergency dentist can potentially save the tooth.
- An infection. If you have an infection or an abscess in your mouth, you cannot wait, you need to contact an emergency dentist. Any form of infection can be potentially life-threatening. If you notice any swelling on your gums or around the face, you have to contact an emergency dentist.
- Loose teeth. Adults should never have loose teeth. If you are experiencing this, even if there is no pain, it can be a serious problem and will require an emergency dentist right away.
In addition to these, if you have any dental problem that requires immediate treatment to reduce pain, stop bleeding, or save your tooth, these are considered emergencies. If you are experiencing any of these problems, it’s likely that you need an emergency dentist.
It’s also important to note that there are times when it is not an emergency. A chipped or cracked tooth is only an emergency if there is pain or trauma in your mouth. Also, a toothache can wait, as long as the pain is not so severe. With all of these issues, however, if there is pain it is important to get in contact with an emergency dentist or, at the very least, call your dentist for advice.
Never feel that you have to suffer in silence. Here at Marler Campbell Dental Group, we provide emergency help to the people of Escondido, California. If you need immediate help, call us on
(760) 745-9814, email us at email@example.com, or fill out our contact form.